Monday, July 25, 2005

[LinkedinBlogger] Linkedin Groups: The Entrepreneur's Delight!

I've seen several questions on My Linkedin Power Forum
which suggest that some MLPF members may be missing
out on the awesome entrepreneurial value sitting there
like acres of diamond for them in Linkedin Groups.
(Especially, in the MLPF Linkedin Group! :-))

Here are a few of my thoughts on the value I see in My
Linkedin Power Forum Group on Linkedin and the other
24 Linkedin Groups I personally belong to:

1. Each group I belong to is a starting point for
reaching out to other members

2. Each group sets a theme of discussion, a reference
point, a framework with which to shape dialogue - and
it's the DIALOGUE that MATTERS MOST between you and
someone you want to contact, connect with, link to, or
forward to, or forward for, etc. 

3. If I belong to several groups - and I do - 25 in
total - and someone I want to contact belongs to one
or more of those groups, then I have between 1 and 25
difference starting points and frames of reference
from which to begin my dialogue.  MAN, I like to
dialogue! :-)

(From a starting points or frameworks perspective,
this is how Google calculator translates the factorial
power of the Linkedin groups I belong to: 1.551121 ×
10 to the 25th power! - Off the top of my head, I
don't what the name of that number is - I think it's
somewhere between a Septillion and an Octillion but,
whatever it is, I do recognize creative power
potential when I see it! :-))

4. Each group signals where I should begin my search
process to find the type of professional I need.  If
I'm looking to build/recruit a team, my 25 groups are
my 25 starting points for my search.

5. Verification - If I need to verify certain types of
information about companies, individuals, products or
services, what better starting points than to turn to
1 of the 25 Linkedin Groups I'm a member of?

6. I can also use my 25 groups to help me with these
things I'm "Interested In:

* considering full- or part-time job opportunities
* consulting and contracting opportunities
* information about new ventures or products
* job inquiries from qualified candidates interested
in working with me or my company
* requests for information or expertise
* deal proposals for my company or organization
* requests to provide references for current and
former co-workers
* messages requesting reconnection from friends and
colleagues

7. Finally, I can use it to prioritize my requests
processing.

So, to get the business I need, all I think I need to
add to the mix is IMAGINATION! :-)

Here's hoping you'll find a little entrepreneurial
delight in the MLPF Linkedin Group as well as any
others you may belong to.

Vincent "Delighted" Wright
Creator/Moderator,
My Linkedin Power Forum
https://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1304/10BE4F71AFD0/

WARNING: If you get too much power from being a member
of the MLPF Group on Linkedin Groups, you should SHARE
IT! :-)

Thanks! Vincent Wright To power up your Linkedin networking, join us at: MyLinkedinPowerForum-subscribe@yahoogroups.comJoin My Linkedin Power Forum on Linkedin Groups:     https://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1304/10BE4F71AFD0/


           
__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail


SPONSORED LINKS
Business finance course Business to business finance Small business finance
Business finance consultant Business finance magazine Business finance schools


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




No comments: