Thursday, July 28, 2005

[LinkedinBlogger] The C.Y.R.I.L. Question on Loyalty

When Cyril Persaud, one of my top 3 friends over the
past 27 years, came to me with a concern about losing
his sales staff in spite of his best efforts to take
good care of them, of course I wanted to give him the
best feedback available to me.

So, after listening to him tell me that he knew that
he was paying his staff better and training them
better than the local competition, he then asked me
for my advice on how he might be able to solve his
staff turnover problem – without going broke.

After commiserating with him and acknowledging that he
indeed had a pretty challenging problem, I asked him
what he thought it was that helped people to stay in
one place while others left for no apparent good
reason.   Because I was trying to get clear with him
on what the “glue” was that held relationships
together, I asked him to think about this question:
Can You Really Inspire Loyalty?

People don’t stay in positions merely because of money
or training.  I believe people stay because they have
been helped to feel like they are a vital part of an
organization that values them and their contributions,
part of an organization that benefits them in
non-tangible ways – ways that can be the too often
overlooked deal maker/breaker. 

Think about it: You can't very well lead those without
loyalty.

For when the loyalty is gone, so is the person.

Therefore, I think it is the beginning and the end of
management leadership and employee retention.

What do you think? 

Can You Really Inspire Loyalty?

Vincent “Loyal” Wright   
7.28.2005


Thanks!
Vincent Wright
Invite your friends to get the career & business power they need:MyLinkedinPowerForum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Show that you are connected to My Linkedin Power Forum:https://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1304/10BE4F71AFD0/


           
____________________________________________________
Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs



YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




No comments: