Sunday, March 27, 2005

My Networking Passion(s)

Earlier today, someone asked me what are my passions

That's a GREAT question!

But it would be unfair to you for me to list all my passions since, in general, I'm passionate about the whole experience of life. I wish to emphasize that that statement is not mere hyperbole. But for the sake of simplicity and to focus on business, the top passions on the top of my head this morning are these:

1. My Linkedin Power Forum - I'm happy to have gotten over 500 exceptional men and women from around the world to join me there to discuss all manner of networking according to the Linkedin model. Stop by and introduce yourself!
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MyLinkedinPowerForum/

2. The 'Working' part of Networking - Yes, I'm one of those. I'm endlessly passionate about working. For want of a better term, I easily qualify as a workaholic. But those who haven't really experienced it for at least a little part of their lives may be missing just the thing they need to resolve unresolved issues. Thus, I work not just for the money, but for the purpose.

3. Encouragement/Enthusiasm/Motivation/Empowerment - These are my loves in business because they all involve loving people. And loving people is what all business is about or else it is about nothing.

4. Yoga - Yoga saved my life at the end of my teen years. It's been a dear friend since. Even as I tried to explain to my Christian friends that the two are complementary to each other - not antagonistic. (Too complex to resolve here.)

5. Music - Music is a blessing. And I love the full spectrum it when the artist performing is sincere and non-egocentric
I included the last two because though they are not directly about business for me, they do flavor all business I do.

WONDERFUL question and thanks for asking!

Vincent Wright
Moderator
My Linkedin Power Forum
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MyLinkedinPowerForum/
3.27.2005"

No comments: